A mixer grinder and food processor are two appliances found in many homes. Though they may seem similar, they have different purposes.
A mixer grinder is used to grind spices and herbs, while a food processor can be used to chop fruits and vegetables, make the dough, and more. Like mixer grinder mainly do 2 things mixing and grinding, on the other hand, the food processor does mixing, grinding, chopping, and many more.
If you’re not sure which appliance is best for your needs, keep reading to learn the difference between mixer grinder and food processor.
What is a Mixer grinder?
A mixer grinder is a great appliance which is an essential gadget in the Indian Kitchen nowadays, if you want to make chutney, make masala, or grind something then the mixer grinder is the best appliance.
The mixer grinder is a more popular appliance in the Indian kitchen and the mixer grinder starts with the lowest budget of approx 1200.
And you can go according to your requirement and your budget, for which purpose you going to use the mixer grinder.
Features of the Best Mixer grinder
- Normally mixer grinder starts with the 500 wattages of a good and powerful motor.
- The price of the mixer grinder starts at 1200 and goes according to the features and wattage you go for.
- The mixer grinder comes with the 2 jars in different sizes, but if you go for the high wattage then you will get 3-4 jars with it.
- Normally a mixer grinder comes with the 1 year of warranty.
- The mixer grinder comes with overload protection.
- Speed control setting is a common feature in a mixer grinder.
Uses of mixer grinder
Grinding spices: A mixer grinder is perfect for grinding spices. The blades are designed to chop and grind the spices, resulting in a fine powder. This is perfect for Indian cooking, where a fine powder is often desired.
Grinding nuts: Mixer grinders can also be used to grind nuts. Again, the blades will chop and grind the nuts, resulting in a fine powder. This is perfect for making nut butter or grinding your own flours.
Chutney: A mixer grinder can be used to make chutneys. The blades will chop and grind the ingredients, into a smooth chutney.
Advantages of mixer grinder
- The mixer grinder is a smaller and more compact appliance. This makes it easy to store in your kitchen.
- The mixer grinder is easy to use. All you need to do is add the ingredients and press a button.
- The mixer grinder is also safe to use. It comes with a variety of safety features that ensure your safety while using the appliance.
- The mixer grinder is cheaper than the food processor. This makes it an affordable option for those on a budget.
Disadvantage of mixer grinder
- The mixer grinder has a shorter lifespan than the food processor.
- A mixer grinder is not as versatile as a food processor. It can only be used to grind spices and herbs.
- The mixer grinder is not as powerful as the food processor. It cannot be used to chop fruits and vegetables or make dough.
want to know the full explanation on what is the advantages and disadvantages of mixer grinder. then you have to check out the article to know more.
What is a food processor?
A food processor is a multipurpose kitchen appliance that can mix, grind masala, chop vegetables, make dough, and many more like this.
A food processor will fulfill your many needs with one appliance like a mixer grinder, chopper, and wet grinder. So if you are interested to buy in one kitchen appliance you must check out the food processor.
Feature of the best food processor
Uses of a food processor
Chopping: The food processor is perfect for chopping fruits and vegetables. The blades are designed to quickly chop the ingredients, making it the perfect appliance for busy moms.
Making dough: A food processor can be used to make dough for bread and pasta. The blades will mix and knead the dough, resulting in perfect consistency.
Mixing: A food processor can also be used to mix ingredients. This is perfect for making batters or smoothies.
Blending: A food processor can be used to blend ingredients, making smooth sauces and soups.
Advantages of a food processor
- A food processor is a powerful appliance. It can chop, mix, blend, and knead ingredients quickly and easily.
- A food processor is a versatile appliance. It can be used to make dough, batters, smoothies, and more.
- The food processor is also easy to use. All you need to do is add the ingredients and press a button.
- The food processor is safe to use. It comes with a variety of safety features that ensure your safety while using the appliance.
Disadvantages of a food processor
- A food processor is a large appliance. It takes up a lot of space on your countertop.
- The food processor is expensive. It costs more than the average mixer grinder.
- It takes normally more time to clean compared to a mixer grinder because it is bigger and comes with more accessories.
Difference between mixer grinder and food processor
Now let’s go to the main point comparison of a mixer grinder and a food processor or the Difference between mixer grinder and food processor.
A mixer grinder is the most popular and usable kitchen appliance in India, because of its pricing. If we talk about the starting mixer grinder price you can get approx Rs 1000 online and offline.
But if we talk about the food processor, it will be more expensive than a mixer grinder.
So, If you talk about the pricing then you will get a mixer grinder that is cheaper than a food processor.
It actually depends on the power and wattage of the motor, but if we talk about it generally, food processors come with a high wattage of motor, because of that they take more electricity.
If we talk the mixer grinder comes with a minimum of 500 watts of motor, but on the other hand, a food processor comes with the 800watt or more.
You can find 650 watts of the food processor but it’s rare and not recommended.
The mixer grinder is an easy-to-clean device because it comes with only plan jars with it. But if we go to the food processor then you can find that the food processor is hard to clean because it comes with more accessories and its shape is not plane.
So, a mixer grinder is easy to clean compared to a food processor.
Mixer Grinder: mixing, making smoothies, and grinding.
Food processor: chopping, slicing, grating, shredding.
Both the device is easy to use and safe to use because they have safety features with them. You have to only put the ingredient for grind or mix close the LID and click the button. That’s it.
One important thing is that during the use of a mixer grinder or food processor always keep your hand on the jar if the jar is not a locking system because there is a chance that it can mess your kitchen with all the liquid you are trying to mix or grind.
Because of its low price, easy to use and easy-to-clean mixer grinder is the most popular appliance in India’s kitchen.
In terms of popularity, a food processor is not that popular nowadays because people chop vegetables with a knife and make dough with their hands and the rest of the work mixer grinder can do.
The mixer grinder comes with the motor part and the jars with it, but if we talk about the food processor it comes with more accessories, because of that food processor takes more space compared to the mixer grinder.
But if we talk about the look then of course food processor is good-looking kitchen appliances.
Both the mixer grinder and food processor come with stainless steel blades with it.
But the difference is that you can change the food processor’s blades but in the case of a mixer grinder you cannot change the blades you have to change the mixer grinder for different types of mixing or grinding.
The mixer grinder comes with the 2 jars it in some cases comes with the 3 jars, mainly 2 jars made of stainless steel body, blades are also made up of stainless steel but the 3rd jar is made up of polycarbonate material for making smoothies but the blades are made up of stainless steel.
Food processors are mainly most parts made of polycarbonate and the blades are made of stainless steel.
Top 3 best mixer grinders and food processors in India
The difference between a mixer grinder and a food processor is that the mixer grinder is only used to grind spices and herbs, while the food processor can be used to chop fruits and vegetables, make dough, and more.
Though both appliances have their own advantages and disadvantages, the food processor is the better option overall. It is more powerful and versatile and you can use it for multipurpose.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Question)
1. Which appliance is better for me, a mixer grinder or a food processor?
If you have a budget then definitely food processor is a better option for you because you do not need to buy a vegetable chopper, or mixer grinder only a food processor will do all the work for you.
2. What can I use a food processor for?
A food processor can do almost all the time-consuming work of your kitchen like mixing, grinding, chopping fruits and vegetables,s and making smoothies.
So you can tell that a food processor is a multipurpose kitchen appliance.
3. Can a food processor be used as a mixer grinder?
Yes, you can use a mixer grinder as a food processor easily without any hassle. You can use a food processor for different other purposes also like chopping food, processing, mixing, and grinding.